Senior Data Engineer
Are you a data engineer with a passion for healthcare and a desire to work in a creative, challenging and highly rewarding environment? The Terry Group is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Data Engineer.
The Terry Group is a growing healthcare analytics and consulting firm that combines clinical expertise, deep industry knowledge, and advanced analytics capabilities to uniquely address healthcare-related challenges for providers, payors, and employers. We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help drive the development of our data pipelines and infrastructure in order to support the implementation of analytics-based solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will have a strong background in data engineering background, experience working with large data sets, and a passion for utilizing technology to solve complex problems.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our team at an early stage.
- Design, develop and maintain data pipelines and infrastructure to support data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with data scientists, analysts and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and implement solutions
- Provide guidance to clients on data architecture, structure, and tools
- Stay current with emerging data technologies and tools
- Ensure data quality and security best practices are followed
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• 5+ years in-depth experience in working with a relational database system (eg. MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and design
- Highly knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation. Experience building data pipelines that ingests various types of data sources and populating a structured warehouse or data mart
- Fluent in both complex SQL query performance tuning and database performance tuning
- Experience in Apache Spark/Databricks, Python/Pandas, R/Tidyverse and large file processing and analytics data pipelines
- Some experience in a programming language (eg.Python ,C#)
- Knowledge of data security and privacy practices and regulations, including data access controls and de-identification and protection of sensitive data
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently
At the Terry Group, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply
If you are passionate about healthcare data analytics and want to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry, we would love to hear from you.