Senior Data Scientist
Are you a data scientist with a passion for healthcare and a desire to work in a creative, challenging and highly rewarding environment? The Terry Group is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Healthcare Data Scientist.
The Terry Group is a growing healthcare analytics and consulting firm that combines clinical expertise, deep industry knowledge, and advanced analytics capabilities to uniquely address healthcare-related challenges for providers, payors, and employers. We are seeking a Senior Health Data Scientist with strong expertise in machine learning and healthcare data to lead the development and implementation of analytics-based solutions for our clients. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in applying advanced analytics techniques and working with large data sets and will be able to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic, and collaborative environment.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join our team at an early stage.
- Lead the development and implementation of analytics solutions for clients in the provider, payor, and employer spaces.
- Utilize advanced analytics techniques such as machine learning, predictive modelling, and statistical analysis to extract insights from large, complex healthcare datasets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including clinical and business stakeholders, to identify and solve complex business problems using data-driven approaches
- Communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders in a clear and actionable manner
- Stay current on industry trends and emerging technologies in healthcare data analytics
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, or a related field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in analytics, with a heavy focus on developing ML-based models
- Strong understanding of statistical and machine learning techniques, including deep learning and NLP applications (experience in applying these to healthcare data is a strong plus)
- Strong expertise in an analytical language (Python or similar), and experience with databases (SQL, Hive, or the equivalent).
- Experience working with large data sets and unstructured data (preferably healthcare datasets such as claims, EHR, and population health data)
- Knowledgeable in ETL/ELT processes, both design and implementation
- Experience with model deployment and performance tuning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organization and time management skills; ability to work independently
At the Terry Group, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
If you are passionate about healthcare data analytics and want to make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry, we would love to hear from you.